Timber Creek Resource believes in building a sustainable future for our country and our children. Our mission is to provide sustainable, cost-effective packaging solutions that protect US manufactured goods shipping around the world. We try to be an example for our industry, implementing green and sustainable practices from cradle to grave.
We heat treat and certify our lumber to prevent the spread of harmful insects using the measures set forth by the International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM 15). We are audited monthly by a third party to ensure compliance.
Our wood pallets are 100% USDA Certified Biobased Products. This is an exciting new program that we are promoting because it has the potential to make a huge impact with global sustainability trends, not just here in the US. The BioPreferred Program is a USDA-led initiative that aims to facilitate the development and expansion of markets for biobased products. The increased development, purchase, and use of biobased products will reduce our Nation’s reliance on petroleum, and increase the use of renewable agricultural materials.
Timber Creek is expanding our vertical integration efforts to better expose each layer of the supply chain to our sustainable mindset, as detailed below and in the info-graphic to the right.
- We harvest logs from sustainable, managed forest land.
- We operate zero-waste hardwood sawmills.
- In-house packaging engineers design using renewable resources
- Our manufacturing facilities build “nature’s packaging” and optimize yield to reduce waste.
- Our own fleet of trucks are loaded to minimize wasted trips.
- We offer trailer drops in some locations to back-haul scrap pallets for recycling.
- The scrap pallets and other wood waste that cannot be used are ground into mulch for use in landscaping.